In 2020 I decided to add client welcome bags into my business practice. A bag filled with samples, a local resource guide, and my postpartum guide. I know registry sites like Target, Amazon, and Walmart send out samples, but a lot of them are things I don't recommend and my clients don't usually like using.
I reached out to companies I supported and found out so many were eager to send samples!
Requesting samples is easy and it best to keep things short and simple! I just tell them I love their products, my clients do to, that I'm a birthworker (sometimes they want proof of certification), and they will reach out with a request for a shipping address or information on how to sign up for samples through their site.
I recommend only reaching out to companies you truly support because man do the boxes of samples build up! I not have a nursery/guest room/office in my house because I've been sent so much baby gear!
In addition to all of these lovely samples there are tons of sites with free handouts for professionals! Mam has a full virtual library of brochures, posters, and research articles!
Here are a few of my favorite samples!
1. Boppy! They sent a pillow and multiple carriers!
2. Baby Bjorn! They sent me one of their new carriers!
3. Noodle and Boo! I have not had luck receiving anything, but they do have a sample request page!
4. Mam! I shot them an email and received a sample box with pacifiers, bottles, and handouts.
5. Desitin! I have not personally requested anything, but have heard they send samples!
6. Lansinoh! They will send nipple cream.
7. Dr. Brown! They send pacifiers, bottles, and hanouts
8. Fidella! More carriers!
9. Didymos! They will send babywearing info handouts.
10. Traditional Medicinals! Tea samples for their raspberry leaf tea and mothers milk tea.
11. Pretty Pushers! They have a doula sample that you just pay shipping for.
12. Good Clean Love! I absolutely love their provider sample program!
13. Bamboobies! They sent me TONS of reusable pads
14. MooGoo! Tons of skin care products.
15. Haakaa! They sent me products that could not be sold because of cosmetic issues, but could be used for demos!
16. Minimeis! They sent me a carrier!
17. Three Lollies! PreggyPops for morning sickness.
18. Halo! They will send a sleepsack and sleep education kit.
19. Hylands! They sent holistic remedies for sleep, running noses, etc!
20. Beurer! They sent me a baby scale for free!
These products have allowed for me to pass items on to clients in need and other non client community members! They have also led to the creation of my lending library! Read more about that here!